Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The Times, They are A-Changin'

Greetings! I hope you are having a blessed Holy Week.

So, yeah. I've been rather busy. Apologies.

First off, an update on where I've been!

I've completed my first semester in seminary, and am now in my second. Greek is kicking my butt, but everything else is going fine. I absolutely love it up here in Ambridge, Pennsylvania: my fellow seminarians are awesome, my professors are great, and I'm learning more than I can keep in my head at any one point in time.

I'm hoping to get a summer internship at one of the cathedrals in our province; I'll actually be hearing from them this week (Holy Week, 2018), so please keep me in prayers on that.

Those of you who've followed this blog know that I also run a podcast with my atheist friend Xrys: The Religious Nut and Hellbound Sinner Podcast. It's great fun, and we have no plans to stop it. However, if you've noticed, I've not been super active on this blog. Sincere apologies for that. Chalk it up to a general, "I've been incredibly busy because I'm working full time and doing seminary full time while having no car and it's hard to sit down and write a paper, let alone write for a blog." problem.

If things go as expected (and I won't go into detail now), my time will be freed up immensely, and in a very good way. I do plan to continue this blog, but I want to focus on something else as well.

What is that "something else"? Another podcast.

Yes! I am planning a new podcast. It will be called...wait for it...The Barely Protestant Podcast!!! You'll find a lot of what you've expected from this blog, and more: I'm planning on interviews, prayers, spiritual formation, and much more.

Anyway, I have to get back to writing a paper and studying Greek. Make sure you go to every Holy Week service you can. Blessings!


Thanks for reading all of the way through; I hope you like my blog! If so, I'd love for you to check out my Patreon page and support me as I go through seminary. Oh? You don't know I'm in seminary? Well, I am! Yeah, if you wish you can check out my article on that, here. Be sure to check out my Facebook page, too! 

Oh! And I also run a podcast with my atheist friend, Xrys! It's called The Religious Nut and Hellbound Sinner Podcast, and we have a fun time discussing all sorts of topics: religion, politics, science, philosophy, movies, etc. Check out our Facebook page on that, as well! 

No comments: