Thursday, July 5, 2018

What's Been Up with Me, For Reals?









Those of you who follow my work know that I have been involved in a podcast that I started with an atheist who goes by the name "Xrys". Sadly, a few weeks ago we parted ways after some online altercations. This means that my podcast with Xrys is no longer airing. 

Instead, I am doing a largely solo podcast called, you guessed it, Barely Protestant. That link is for the podcast in general. This link is for the episode giving a bit of information concerning the new format. I hope you check it out; if you like what I do on my blog here, you'll likely love the podcast! Just understand that Barely Protestant starts with the episodes that say, well, "Barely Protestant" or "BP" on them; before that you'll find the old Religious Nut and Hellbound Sinner episodes (as of the initial writing of this article, July 5, 2018, there are no Barely Protestant episodes yet). The Barely Protestant episodes will be run weekly as consistently as possible. 

My summer has been great. First, I'm doing an internship in Tallahassee, Fl, at St. Peter's Anglican Cathedral. Here's a video showing the Cathedral:





Beautiful, isn't it? I am a fellow this summer at the Charles Simeon Institute here at St. Peter's Cathedral. I'm learning the ropes of being a priest: from preaching to liturgy to teaching classes (on the history of the Anglican Tradition!) to learning how a parish is run to all sorts of other things one might not even think about concerning ministry. The people have been nothing less than amazing and completely loving. I've preached for their three Sunday services on July 1st (2018), but there seems to have been a problem with the recording. 

My grades came in, and I am mostly satisfied with them. There's room for improvement, of course. My prayer is that I won't have to work as much as I did this past year, which is where you all come in. I'm dedicating a lot of my time to both blogging and podcasting now, and I'm asking for your support in this endeavor. If you check out my Patreon page and consider supporting me, that would be amazing! 

Anyway, I hope your summer is going as well as mine is!












No comments: